Training self-knowledge and self-confidence for your work life
The role of the leader is changing, becoming more diverse and demanding. There’s an increasingly prevalent idea that leaders are no longer the experts, advisors or problem solvers they may once have been. Coaching skills for leaders has become a core competence!
In modern organisations, managers are increasingly taking on the role of a coach: on an equal footing with their own employees and exclusively interested in supporting them in solving problems instead of providing them with ready-made solutions.
In our training “Coaching Skills for Managers” we teach the competences and tools that managers need for successful coaching.
Who is this for?
For managers who not only want to lead but also coach their employees
For leaders who want to acquire a knowledge bases and tools about coaching
For leaders who want to learn more about attitudes in the coaching process
Training goals and contents can be agreed on an individual basis. Here are some examples:
- Basics of coaching in theory and practice
- Role clarification: manager, advisor, mentor, coach
- The coach’s attitude and motivation
- The coach’s competences and skillsets: interviewing, questioning techniques, feedback
- Phases of the coaching process
- Practising and designing a coaching conversation using the G-R-O-W method
- Transfer to your own leadership style
At the beginning we clarify the basic principles of coaching and deal intensively with the role and attitude of leaders who want to use coaching as a leadership tool. In this way, we lay the theoretical foundation, but also include actual challenges from the leaders’ day-to-day business. There is room for self-reflection and experience exchange among the participants, as well as the first practical coaching exercises.
The rest of the training is dedicated to practice: we simulate various coaching conversations with employees. The managers receive feedback and try out their new role as a coach. The focus is on teaching a very practical coaching tool:
The G-R-O-W Method(Goal, Reality, Options, Will).
- Lectures and teaching talks, trainer input
- Group and individual work
- Practice coaching sequences and questioning techniques
- Work with elements of transactional analysis
- Structured discussions and sharing experiences
- Learning and applying the G-R-O-W Method
- And to loosen up, energise and illustrate the coaching processes: Business games based on improvisation methods
- Training offers are specially tailored to your wishes and needs
- Remote or on-site, also possible in-house
- You choose the format, content and focus.
- We clarify location, dates etc. individually
- Transparent, individual training concept
- Handouts, photo documentation and a yuii certificate of participation for all participants
- The training can be complemented by additional individual coaching.
- Every yuii training can also be booked as an individual training.
- Individual training sessions are particularly effective and allow you to focus on individual needs and goals.
- We will be happy to provide you with an offer tailored to your wishes and needs.