Successful leadership from a distance
The yuii Young Leadership Camp is our training and development process specifically for young and new leaders. The camp combines two to four training modules – each a two-day training on a specific topic – with individual feedback sessions and business coaching over a period of two to six months.
In the trainings, we share the knowledge and tools that new leaders need to lead teams in a motivating, clear, efficient and authentic way.
Personal business coaching sessions for all participants ideally complement the process.
Who is this for?
For young leaders who want to gain orientation and security in their new leadership role
For new managers who want to learn the most important leadership tools in a compact format
For new leaders who are transitioning from employee to leader
Camp goals and contents can be tailored to suit your needs. Here are some content examples:
- What does leadership mean? What does a leadership role entail?
- What are the different leadership personalities and styles?
- Intensive self-reflection: Where do the young leaders currently stand, where does their understanding of leadership come from?
- Giving constructive and motivating feedback
- Practicing challenging communication situations, with personalised video feedback for the young leaders
- Basic knowledge about leading teams
- Establishing a positive error culture: recognising potential in conflicts and risks, openness to new experiences
- Present ideas and decisions in a convincing, credible and stimulating manner
- Leadership and change: stabilising and motivating employees in uncertain times
Module 1: Me and my leadership personality
The first two-day module is dedicated to the topic of self-reflection. The young leaders are given the time and space to reflect on where they are at, how they are currently fulfilling their role and how they would like to shape it in the future. They reflect on the impact of their own leadership history and identify their own leadership competences and areas for development. In this module, we also take a look at what leadership means in our own organisations, integrating corporate values and leading principles, so that clear expectations are created. The module also leaves room for collegial exchange and social learning.
Module 2: Me and my team
In this module the team is in focus. We clarify how high-performing teams work and how leaders can support them. The young leaders learn how to lead their team in a trusting, clear and autonomous manner and also gain insight into models and theories of modern team leadership. The important topic of motivation is also on the agenda, as well as the question of how people and teams should be led in times of change and crisis.
Module 3: Me and my communication
Communication is key! This is the motto of our camps’ third module. We talk about the No.1 leadership tool: “Feedback” and expand it with the ingenious “Feedforward” approach. This module teaches all the important basic communication tools and attitudes that leaders need to enter into genuine, appreciative and constructive communication with their staff.
Module 4: Me and my impact
Communication techniques are valuable. But they are not very effective if leaders don’t live them authentically. Therefore, the fourth module deals with personal presence and the impression a leader makes, especially with regard to rhetoric and body language. This is a compact training on presentation skills, but also covers the impact a leader can have in general communication situations with employees. In this module we work intensively with video feedback.
Business coaching complements leadership development: Here, the young leaders’ personal questions and challenges from their current leadership situations are analysed in several one-on-one sessions with a coach, finding ways to achieve their goals.
- Motivational and educational talks
- Group work
- Simulations, role-playing and business games
- Structured discussions and sharing experiences
- Games and exercises from applied improvisation
Camp content and modules can be individually designed and combined. The Business Coaching sessions are optional. A camp consists of at least two modules.
Training offers are specially tailored to your wishes and needs
Remote or on-site, also possible in-house
You choose the format, content and focus.
We will confirm locations, dates etc. individually.
Transparent, individual training concept
Handouts, photo documentation and a yuii certificate of participation for all participants
The training can be complemented by additional individual coaching.
- Two intensive training modules of two days each in a mixed group (young managers from different companies)
- Main topics: Orientation in the new leadership role & own leadership personality, team leadership, communication skills for leaders.
- Included: 3 x 1 hour personal business coaching sessions for all participants.
In the sessions we analyse challenges from the young leaders’ current professional lives and find individual ways to achieve their goals.
- Price: 2,500 euros per person plus. VAT
- Inspiring training rooms in Berlin.
- Small groups for maximum success (maximum eight participants)
- Detailed individual feedback for each participant
- Seminar drinks and snacks included
- Photo documentation and yuii certificate of participation
- Further information by email or phone
Module 1: Me & my leadership personality
Module 2: Me & my team communication
If the event cannot be held as a live training due to the pandemic, the training will be held virtually.